The APEX ‘Day of Discovery’
Day of Discovery
- Is your brain not working as well as it used to?
- Have you been struggling with a recent or lifelong brain performance issue that you want answers for?
- Or, do you simply want to know how well your brain is working to ensure it is serving you optimally?
- If you knew there was something you could do to tell, would you do it?
…If so, APEX Brain Centers’ comprehensive ‘Day of Discovery’ is just what you’ve been looking for.
What is it?
The Day of Discovery is an extremely valuable and critical investment in your health, longevity and prosperity. Fear of a declining brain is one of the top issues of our time, and this unique opportunity puts the power of informed guidance in your hands to make the best choices possible for your brain and body health. By investigating numerous ‘biomarkers’ of brain health and integrity, we are able to connect the dots between your experience of life and your current state of brain and body function.
Your Day of Discovery will include the following:
- Comprehensive history and review of previous diagnostic testing
- Comprehensive neurological exam looking at functions of the brain, spinal cord and peripheral nervous system
- Quantitative EEG (qEEG) for measurement of brainwave activity
- Cognitive testing to assess memory, attention, executive function and more
- Videonystagmography (VNG) for detailed assessment of eye movements
- Dynamic posturography for investigation of multiple aspects of balance
- Interactive Metronome testing of mental and physical timing capabilities
- Review of all testing with precise recommendations for appropriate intervention
What should I expect and how do I prepare?
Your Day of Discovery will take anywhere from 4-6 hours depending on physical ability, level of fatigue, technical factors and any unforeseen circumstances. You will spend the duration of the day in our office and should pack a healthy lunch/snack depending on time of day. You should do your best to obtain quality sleep prior to your Day of Discovery, refrain from alcohol/recreational drug/cigarette intake, maintain adequate hydration, eat a healthy breakfast the morning of testing, bring copies of any pertinent diagnostic tests with you, be on time to ensure the smoothest of transitions throughout the day, not wear any skin care products/make-up/hair gel, and bring a positive and proactive attitude with you as this day is designed to empower you with critical information to help you create positive change in your life; not to point out flaws in your performance!
Call us today at 828.708.5274 to set up your Day of Discovery, or email us at [email protected] for more information.
Tags: ADHD, Asheville, Asheville NC, athlete, behavioral disorders, brain health, brain injury, brain training, chiropractic neurology, concussion, dementia, functional neurology, human performance, memory, neurology, neuroplasticity, OCD, plasticity, post-concussion syndrome, QEEG, sports, TBI